7.29.2011

Unexpected Encounter

More and more these days I am seeing evidence of God's grace in my life.  While to some people these encounters may seem small, to me they are much needed reminders that God is still working.  He still has a plan for us even though we can't see it.  He is still leading us even though the path isn't clear cut.  He hasn't left us.

Last night we spent some time with a couple who is in a similar place that we are... just 7 years down the road.  This couple has held tightly to God through a long period of waiting and I couldn't help but feel so encouraged by them as they shared their journey.

No matter how long we have to wait on anything in our future- jobs, homes, school, debt, kids- I desperately hope that we would cling to God and that He would change us.  On a small scale we are starting to enter a season of waiting, and my prayer is that it would not be spent in vain, but would be a time where we grow closer to God, and experience Him more deeply, and bring glory to Him in the process.

As you know, I'm not good at being still.  Waiting well is a continual learning process for me.  Just yesterday I found myself being enticed by ideas for our future- ideas that only seemed enticing for financial reasons, not God reasons.

That's why meeting with this couple last night was a divine appointment. They showed Dan and I what it looks like to wait well.  They have every reason to look at some situations in their life and be down right angry.  But, instead of forging ahead on their own and creating something that isn't meant to be, they are waiting.  They are diligently following the call that God has showed them.

And you know what?  Even though they're not seeing the fruits of their labor, Dan and I are.  They are blessing Dan and I without even knowing it.  Everything they are hoping and praying for is in limbo, but God is still using them now.... while they are waiting.  

That was *so* important for me to see.

Last night was just what I needed. I'm so thankful for how God uses the body of Christ to comfort, teach, and minister to us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment