7.19.2011

Fashion Fail... I'm a little embarassed to post this...

Since high school I have really wanted to wear glasses.  I do own "reading glasses" because in college it was hard for my eyes to adjust from the lecture notes to my computer in front of me, but clearly I can't wear those around like ordinary glasses- then I'll really need glasses (hey, actually... that's not a bad idea....).

I know, I know.  If you wear glasses you think I'm crazy because you probably view them as a pain.  But, for someone who has never worn them all day, or put in contacts, or had their eyes burn because they were dried out or folded over, or whatever happens when Dan tells me he needs to take his contacts out because they're bothering him, I simply view them as a very a cute accessory.

So, I made a bold decision the other week (when Dan was gone mind you), to buy some fake glasses.  Not just any glasses, the HUGE nerdy glasses... that I have always- liked but Dan hates.  In fact, this is the girl who inspired me, and I found the same exact pair on line.
via
via
Not the same girl or pair.. but you get the idea.   via
Don't worry, the pair I purchased were only $10 so I didn't blow our budget, but I really wanted to try them out.

Well, the other week they arrived and I excitedly opened the package before I even got to our apartment.  I yanked the plastic off of them, placed them behind my ears and ran to find a mirror... and started hysterically cracking up when I caught a glimpse of myself.

I looked hilarious.  Definitely not cute or stylish.  I told Dan I was sad I didn't look like either of the girls above (who would have guessed?! lol).  He actually told me I did, but he didn't like the glasses on all three of us (yes I'm grouping myself with the two models above).  I guess that's what I get for trying to copy the style of two cute, stylish, artsy girls.  Maybe another fashion trend will come my way that better suites my style.

hilarious.
Maybe if Dan takes my picture and I do an outfit change and pull my hair up it will look better... no? That's what I thought. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Whatever! You look totally cute! I could never pull that off, and I wear glasses for real, if that makes you feel any better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well, thanks! I think I need WAY more confidence than I thought I would to wear these around. I think I'd be too self conscious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol stef i'm totes obsessed with this post. so. rich. :) :) :) thanks for making me giggle before bed :)

    ReplyDelete