7.05.2011

Three wonderful years :)


Fourth of July weekend now has a new meaning for Dan and I.  Not only do I get excited for picnics, warm weather, & fireworks, but we get to celebrate the day we got married, July 5th.  I cannot believe that it has been 3 years.  It seems like it went by so fast, and I'm sure it's not going to slow down!

This past year even had a couple firsts for us:
  • Our first move in Chicago out of our first place in downtown Arlington Heights (we will always remember our first place!)
  • We ran our first marathon together
  • We traveled to a new state together- Tennessee
We have been blessed SO much these past couple years.  From the trips we have had the privilege to take, to the weddings we have attended, the blessings of our jobs, and the friends we have made, I honestly can only respond by praising God for all the blessings He has given us.  I know it is only by His grace that these three years have been as amazing as they are.

When I think about this past year I really think of how we have grown as a couple.  When Dan was gone in Georgia I truly felt like something was missing.  I am so used to confiding in Dan for literally everything now- what we eat for dinner, what we do with our down time, where and how we should spend our money.  When he was gone, I felt a little lost.  It took me a couple days to get used to living on my own again.  Normally this would scare me, but I really see this as a testimony to the "oneness" of our marriage.  I truly am starting to get what God said in Genesis 2 "It is not good for man to be alone, I will make a helper suitable for him..." and then said "the two become one."

I consider it such a privilege to be able to be considered Dan's helper.  His pursuit of the Lord is steadfast.  His heart to serve me is such a blessing.  His laughter and lighthearted outlook on life is such a breath of fresh air.  His desire to find creative things to do pushes me to expand my horizons.  His love for his friends and the guys in his life is inspiring.

I am truly thankful :)  And, I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next year.


And I really like this song :) (please excuse the cheesy slide show lol)  Below are my favorite lyrics:

And as the years march on like a beating heart
I will live these words 'til death do us part'

Cause I have never been so sure of anything before
Like I am in this moment here with you
And now for better or for worse
Are so much more than only words
And I pray everyday will be the proof
That I mean what I say when I say 'I do'
Ya I mean what I say when I say 'I do'

1 comments:

  1. Very sweet :) Happy anniversary! One of my bridesmaids wrote this verse in a journal she gave us and it coincides with your marriage as well:
    Ecclesiastes 4:12
    Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

    Your godly marriage with Dan combined with Christ as the center is not easily broken.

    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete