7.11.2011

movies. weddings. friends. Chicago.

Happy Monday!  There are some craaazzy storms here in Chicago!  Great start to a Monday, right?  On the other hand, while this weekend was really hot, it was perfect weather for doing some "night" activities, which is exactly what we did!
Although we said we celebrated our 3 year with a lunch to Chipotle last week (because technically our anniversary was Monday), we really went out because I didn't have time to go to the grocery store last weekend after being out of town!  So, we officially celebrated this past Friday by going out to eat at Outback (thank you Dan's parents for the anniversary gift!) and then went to a movie in the park.  Dan has been on this kick of wanting to do fun and different things this summer, which I actually really like because I'm the kind of person who will sit around doing the same thing over and over again.  So, he did some research and we went to Chicago to watch this movie in the park!  The night had perfect weather and it was so fun!  
Then, Saturday our friends Brittany & Luke came in town from Indy.  They actually ended up spending the night and we used our Groupon (score!) to go to this great pizza place in downtown Arlington Heights and then went into the city to watch a concert in Millennium Park (even though we got there really late!).  It was such a treat to see them because we hadn't hung out with them since our vacation!
And then, on Sunday I went to a wedding shower for my friend Mariel who's getting married the weekend after my brother!  I guess it sounds like we were busy, but it didn't feel like it.  Ah, the joys of summer. 

Waiting for the movie to start lol


I had a moment of panic because I realized I didn't bring the wine opener, and then we realized we planned ahead without knowing and bought a twist top.  We are just that good.
We saw Mega Mind, and while I am normally 100% against wasting my time with animated movies, this was actually really funny.  I'm starting to reconsider my hatred.
Seriously, perfect night.
Then off to Chicago.  Our cooler was heavy, but Luke definitely took one for the team.
Then he realized the walk was a little longer than we thought.  They make a good team.
SO many people!
Again, another perfect night.

Luke and Brittany!
Hanging out
We wanted to go up to the bean but the park closes at 11.  It was sad, but at least we got close.
Mariel opening gifts!
SO cute!
The couple
So happy for her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment