9.07.2011

Texas via my phone

Oh Texas.  Can I seriously go back?  It was so relaxing and much needed since classes, ministry, and work are in full swing starting this week!  Here's some pictures of what we did- there are a lot more to come with the animals.. I will have to choose carefully how many I put up- I know you probably don't want to see 150 pictures of tigers.  Even though I kind of do. But I was there, so totally different :)

At the pool
Much needed in 105 degree weather!




Then we went to Cane's for lunch!  I'd never been but they only sell chicken tenders and fries (healthy I know) but it was SO good!  And that sauce... amazing.  The Cinadrs always know how to feed us well :)
Then we went to Tappy's- this amazing ice cream store where you choose your own type of ice cream and dump the toppings on.  I've been to one in Indy but not in Chicago- if anywhere knows where one of these are PLEASE let me know!
Yes I had cake batter :)
Can you tell which one is Dan's? lol


Heading out to eat at Fort Worth- boots on, boot cut jeans were on (thanks Jeff lol)- we were ready to go!

Getting them shined!
Then we visited Beth, Dan's sister, at her internship at a "Big Cat Sanctuary"
We were SO close!!  And they were so cute :)
Only Beth was allowed to touch them.  they know her.  They probably would bite our hand off lol


This tiger was getting a little rowdy!
This is what they look like after they eat :)
And lastly there was more food involved for us :)  At this great burger place near Beth's internship!

4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud when you said "You probably don't want to see 150 pictures of tigers. Even though I kind of do." Truth be told, I'm still laughing at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun time! I haven't been to a zoo in forever! That pool looks incredible. I never did go to the pool this summer...shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of what a tiger looks like after eating makes me think of what Abby looks like after she eats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seriously had a blast!
    Tricia- the tigers looked SO funny after they eat! I can't wait to meet your new little one Abby!!
    Sarah- seriously though, I could easily put up 150 of them!! You'll see I did a good job cutting out a lot in the next post lol
    Jennifer- I know it was so fun! And the pool was SO needed- it was definitely in the 100's and HOT!

    ReplyDelete