9.26.2011

A history lesson

This past weekend we headed downtown to meet up with our friends Joel and Caitlin.  They just moved in and it was so fun to see their apartment overlooking Lake Michigan (sooo jealous!) get a tour of the University of Chicago (where Joel will be getting his PHD) and catch up on life. 

Here's our tour through Hyde Park. 

We went to this cute cafe (apparently Obama used to stop there in the mornings) and they had these magnet Tea's that you stick to your refrigerator!
Sneaking a peak at one of the classrooms
Caitlin and Joel!
They took us to this fun restaurant and there was graffiti everywhere- I think anyone could write on it.. but the good girl inside me couldn't let that happen.
Wandering around campus.
There was Ivy on EVERYTHING.  It was starting to change color which was fun.
In front of the Rockefeller chapel! Apparently all of U of C was built by them.

Inside the chapel
Then we went in this fun bookstore! Dan could have stayed there for days. Literally.
This is how the sections were marked.. making it not so easy to see!
books everywhere!

This is me trying out new features on our camera.. this cross was hanging in one of the buildings so I turned it into a "sketch."  I'm just so creative sometimes I surprise myself :) 
Today I am enjoying a day off! Well, enjoying may not be the best word.  I will be spending it studying and reading at Panera all day.  Nonetheless, I am thankful for the time I have to catch up on homework!

More pictures to come from the rest of our weekend.  Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment