8.15.2011

We survived so far.

We are officially done with our Educational Ministries class!  One more summer class starting today until Wednesday and we are ready to start our fall classes.  Seriously though, where in the world did our summer go!?  It was SO weird being back in class because I distinctly remember sitting in that same class two months ago thinking- when we meet again in August our summer will almost be over! 


Although there was a lot of sitting at Trinity for us this weekend for us, we also got to eat some Mexican with our friends Andy and Becca and watch Despicable Me which was so cute.   And Pastor Steven Furtick also preached at our church this week.  His wife, Holly, has a blog that I frequently follow, and let me tell you, he definitely brought the passion.  I haven't seen a preacher that passionate in a loooong time.  But, it was fun for the change up.  This past week I actually was looking through Beth Moore's book, Believing God, that I read a while ago and found a quote that really hit me and reminded me of Furtick's message:

"Promised Land theology becomes an earthbound reality to those who cash in their fear and complacency for the one ticket out of their long- inhabited wilderness."


As Dan and I think about our future there is a tremendous temptation for complacency.  For being safe and not taking risks.  We have been praying that God would help us not to let fear overtake our future.  Annnd let me tell you, that's tough.  Once again, I'm a detail oriented planner.  At times I am downright terrified. But, I know we're not going into the future alone.  Having God on your side is pretty sweet.

Anyway- that was a tangent.  Here are some pictures from our weekend.  Hope yours was wonderful :)

Our old Campus Director of Cru came over for dinner last week which was SUCH a treat.  He gave us a candle that smells like vanilla cupcake- a-mazing.  Anyway, Saturday morning I got it confused with Orange Juice.  It was a long day.  
Yes I took a picture of the movie Despicable Me.   It was that good. 
Kraft is coming out with Halloween cookies!! Too soon to get excited?  I definitely don't think so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment