8.10.2011

Cake Pops

I have finally given in and accepted the fact that I really like baking.  This is a big deal for me because I've always wanted to be a good "cook."  I desperately wish that I could make a whole dinner from scratch and know exactly what spices would go well with what dish, but sadly I can't.  Not that there is a hierarchy (even though I secretly think that being a good cook is way better) but I've come to realization that baking is definitely more of my specialty.  So, I've given in.  In honor of this momentous occasion, I'm posting a dessert recipe.

A couple weekends ago we went to our friend's house and they asked me to bring dessert and I really wanted to try something new.  For some reason I can't just whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies- I actually get excited to create something new and right away I started looking for recipes. And, then I found it- Cake Pops.

I've had them before, but I've never attempted to make them myself.  I have to say they were SO easy, and super moist and good.  Dan says it's not as good as the oreo truffles, but he still liked them :)

First step: Bake the cake.  I chose Red Velvet Cake (well.. the recipe called for it lol)
Then I just took a knife and cut it into big sections and put it in a bowl.
Next, add 1 16 oz can of cream cheese frosting.
And start mixing.  Dan said it looked like ground beef.  I'd rather not compare it to that lol
The next step requires getting your hands dirty!
And you start rolling them into little balls!
Then, place them on a tray lined with foil
Put them in the freezer for 15 minutes and during that time, melt the Bakers Chocolate blocks in the microwave (be careful not to burn the chocolate!  I learned the hard way on the truffles a while back :)
Dip them in the chocolate and you are done!  Seriously, so good.  And we had a lot of them. And we ate them for days.  And I didn't once get sad about it :)

mmmm enjoy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment