8.29.2011

Weekend Updates

"Travel is important because it gets us away from our everyday lives to see it with new clarity."
Shauna Niequist

No, we didn't travel anywhere far away this weekend, but we had an opportunity to see our lives with new clarity- and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.  

This weekend we had our modular class lasting all night Friday and all day Saturday and also had a beautiful wedding to attend (pictures below and more to come!).  While the wedding was fun and class was interesting, what was really great is the 7 hours that we had to spend in prayer as a final for our summer class. 

I know, most people can't imagine spending 7 hours praying, sitting, and reading your Bible, and at first, let me tell you, it was a little hard.  I was tempted to think there were more important things I could be doing as I saw people running and cars passing by- knowing they were probably checking things off their to do list for the day and I was .. well... sitting.  But, that was far from the truth. 

The more I sat there the more I realized that I don't take enough time to stop and think about my life.  To really pray and ask God for direction.  To check in with God- to evaluate my heart and the direction Dan and I were headed.  Questions like "In what ways does our marriage need to grow?  Where has God taken us these past couple months? etc."  were all running through my mind, and God showed me a lot.  And it left me begging the question why I don't do this more often.  Moments like these are so few in my life yet MUCH needed.  It definitely gave Dan and I a lot to talk about.  

So, that was my weekend.  A great start to the week.  Here are some pictures from my phone of all our events! 

Mariel and Paul getting married
Mariel designed these :)  She's super creative.
Passing time before the reception
We were lucky and our GPS directed us to the Starbucks inside a grocery store.  I hate it when that happens lol

I took some pictures during our 7 hour prayer :)

And we used our two free Starbucks coupons.  It is such a treat to get a VENTI for free!

2 comments:

  1. You got to pray that long for a final! That is awesome! Where do you go to school? I just found you guys, so I'm sure you've said before! I'm really excited to get to know you. You guys seem really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics - I love Starbucks!!!

    ReplyDelete