8.05.2011

Sitting Still

"Multitasking has become the norm.  When was the last time you had an uninterrupted conversation with anyone?  No phones, text messages, or to-do lists running through your mind.  It's so rare nowadays to be able to look someone in the eye without interruption or distraction . . . In my quest to accomplish much, I've lost the art of focusing on one thing or one person.  This in turn has affected my prayer life, as I'm sure it has affected yours.  I find it harder to simply be with God, to focus only on Him while spending intentional time with Him.... Our lack of intimacy often is due to our refusal to unplug and shut off communication from all others so we can be alone with him."

 - Forgotten God, Francis Chan

I was definitely reading that exact paragraph while multitasking between doing my quiet time and uploading pictures to Facebook.  Yep, that was convicting.  
Hope you have a relaxing weekend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment