8.12.2011

Pizza + Family

Last night was such a treat for Dan and I! My parents were in town attending the Willow Creek Leadership Summit so we had a chance to go out to dinner with them.  Last year we did the same thing  where we meet up and my dad fills us in on all the leadership principles he's learning from all the speakers.  It's like Dan and I were there, but we didn't have to spend $300 to attend.  Definite bonus for us.

Annnd, this event holds a special place in my heart because it is where I had my first internship- I was the volunteer coordinator and absolutely loved it.  And that was where my love of event planning began.

In other news, my brother, who is getting married in ONE week (crazy!) had to cancel their reception location due to an "Outfest" in West Lafayette.  If you think hard enough you can guess what this is... 7,000 people partying and watching drag shows right outside their reception site is not exactly what they had in mind for their wedding.  SO they are planning a whole other reception in the next 7 days at a different location.  I'm so incredibly stressed for them.  If you think about it, could you pray for them? This is going to be a crazy week.

And lastly, tonight and all day tomorrow we have a summer class, and then next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we have our second summer class.  That being said, things are going to be nuts around here.  Blogging could be sparse.  So, if you do see a blog post from me, it's probably because I was going out of my mind writing papers and needed a break :)

Here are some pictures from our dinner last night. 

amazing. I know.  We took a little stroll down memory lane in downtown Arlington Heights. 
This is their FREE bread.  We didn't even have to pay for it. 

Inside of Armands

All the notes from the conference
My dad treated me to a Blue Moon.

My parents.  Thanks for the AMAZING meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment