6.15.2011

Grilling out, Races, and Birthdays

Sometimes I feel like the summers in Chicago make up for the almost 9 months of awful weather... but then I think back to the snowpocalypse and start to reconsider those thoughts.  How I have a love hate relationship with this city. 
 
Anyway, this past weekend was wonderful.  Our friends Andy and Becca, who moved into an apartment across the complex from us, have this awesome new grill.  And they make us food.  All the time.  It's wonderful :) This picture below is somewhat of an impostor because it's not actually from this weekend, it's from a couple weekends ago- BUT you get the idea.  We grilled out.  We're thrilled that now two of our best couple friends have grills.  We're going to soak this in as long as we can.


This weekend I also made two big bowls of this homemade salsa.  I seriously could eat this everyday, all day.  I love salsa.  (I used 2 tomatoes, 1 red pepper, half an onion, 1 jalapeno, LOTS of cilantro, some garlic, salt, and pepper.)


A while back Dan and I realized we desperately needed to get in shape for the Northshore Half Marathon.  Well, we ran it this weekend, and survived... and PR'd.  I'm still stunned.  I seriously have wondered if something was off on the course mileage, because we only really ran a total of 9 miles before this race and there were LOTS of hills.  But, the weather was perfect, and we had lots of big homes to look at (we ran through the neighborhoods in Highland Park... I'm sure you get the picture :), and we did push ourselves throughout most of it, so maybe all of that factored in is what got us our time of 2:02?!  I'll take it either way.

My brother's wedding is coming up!! Yay!!  We got their invites in the mail and I thought they were SO cute (aren't they?!) and I was clearly really excited so I took a picture of them.  Let the festivities begin!!
Lastly, I celebrated the birthday of one of my friends, Caroline, on Sunday at a beach in Evanston.  She just got offered a job to go on staff with a ministry similar to Crusade but they only have staff at ivy league campus'.  So, she'll be heading to Dartmouth this fall!!!  We are SO excited for her, but sad that she'll be leaving Chicago :( 
Yes that is a peach on a fork.  We had to improvise.
Chicago!
Mar trying to stay warm!
Stacy trying to stay warm, too lol
Britt is such a great photographer- I take tips from her pictures!
We went to this super artsy and cute coffee shop in Evanston. I was slightly intimidated by how cool it was.

1 comments:

  1. Love it! I need to make some salsa, too. This is a summer time must.

    ReplyDelete