6.01.2011

Sweet Memories

My heart seriously skipped a beat today when my friend posted a CNN video on Facebook about Macedonia.  Dan and I went on a Macedonia Summer Project (mission trip- similar to the one mentioned in my previous post) with Campus Crusade for Christ the summer of 2006 and it remains one of my FAVORITE summers to date.  We traveled all over Macedonia, Albania, and also Switzerland.  It was aaamzing.

I couldn't help but post the video and corresponding pictures that I took that summer that also appeared in the video.  As I was watching it I couldn't help but think, "Oh my goodness, I was there!  And there!  And we ate at that place!"  Such great memories.  Obviously, if you have never been to Macedonia this video probably wouldn't be nearly as exciting to watch.  But, don't worry.  I labeled exactly what second in the video corresponds to the picture if you prefer the shortcut :) I hope you enjoy strolling down memory lane with me...


 

I wish I had a picture of this, but at 2:42 in the video it shows someone making paper at a print shop and we stood in that exact shop and purchased 4 prints on that paper with the first chapter of the gospels written on it. They are now framed and in our living room :)
At the 9 second mark you can see this view of the castle (can you see it up on the hill in the distance?!)
View from the top of the castle looking down on the city

28 seconds you can see a view of St Johns church- we spent a lot of time hanging out and worshiping here

at 3.10 in the video they are on this beautiful lake.

Dan and I spending our free day on a boat on the lake!
Just for kicks this is me conquering my fears by jumping into Lake Ohrid
I had to post this picture because Stefan (on the left) just proposed to his girlfriend Maja who were both on the trip with us.  They live in Macedonia and are going on staff there full time with Crusade this summer.  We are excited to support them and see how the ministry continues to grow there :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment