5.31.2011

Time well spent + Headband love

So, our restful weekend has come to an end.  Even my peppy Brooke Fraser alarm going off at 6am this morning couldn't cover up my groaning as I fought with the phone to snooze just a little bit longer.  But, I'm so thankful for the break and am not complaining about my short week ahead :)

For those of you who have followed my blog for a while, you will know that busyness is something I tend to struggle with juuust a little bit.  (please hear the sarcasm in that sentence.)  I have a tendency to think that if I'm busy I'm fruitful, which isn't always the case.  I think that is why anytime we get a break, I am so thankful because I tend to live my life under water and then I occasionally "come up for air" and when I'm up there, I realize how desperately I need that air.

Getting these priorities straight is definitely a struggle, and that's why I was so thankful when my sweet friend Helene, who I met on Santa Monica Summer Project in 2005, wrote this post recently about an article on time management.  (can I link anymore words in one sentence?!)  My favorites were #1 and #7.  It was just the truth I needed to hear as I started this week  

On a complete other note, I'm totally loving this headband.  I used to think headbands for were people under the age of 15, but is it ok for a 25 year old to wear this?!  I'm kind of a fan.  

 
Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out :) Love you girl! And love that we can exhort and encourage one another even though we're hundreds of miles away.

    ReplyDelete