5.22.2012

Weekend Updates

This past weekend was SO nice.  Not only is it starting to feel like summer around here, Dan and I were able to spend a lot of time together - which I always like :)  My weekend technically started on Friday when we went to downtown Chicago for my last day of work to prepare for a conference that is being held at Moody.  Then, we headed to a Cubs game - I am pretty sure Trinity has treated me to almost all of the Cubs games I have attended here in Chicago! 

Next, Dan and I were able to spend Saturday hanging out at Starbucks (yes their Mocha Coconut drink is BACK, and it was amazing), and we met up with some of Dan's Beta brothers who live in the area to go see the movie "What to Expect when You're Expecting."  Although Rotten Tomatoes gave it a low rating, if you are pregnant, or have a close friend who is pregnant, you could probably relate to a lot of the humor in this movie.  Needless to say, we enjoyed watching it :)

Then, on Sunday some of our co workers/ lovely friends treated us to brunch in downtown A Heights, we went and saw my friend, Lindsay McCaul (who has been on tour with Casting Crowns, Stephen Curtis Chapman, and will be on tour with Matthew West!) sing at the Metropolis in Arlington Heights, and the night ended with me getting in my last few chances to use pregnancy cravings as an excuse to get milkshakes: a peanut butter cup shake from Steak and Shake.  Not a bad ending to a great weekend!

The couples who went to see the movie


Enjoying some down time in Chicago before the Cubs game!



Rish was cut out so we needed to take another one :)


Meeting up with Lindsay after her concert!

0 comments:

Post a Comment