5.04.2012

Good Morning


Last night was one of those nights Dan and I stayed up wayyyy too late.  He was working on finishing up some journal entries (and now he is DONE for the semester! yay!) and I was working on a study guide for my last. final. ever.  I can't tell you the last time my body saw 1:00 am on a Thursday night.  However, what is nice for me is that I have the day off to continue studying... Dan on the other hand had to go into work :/  So, to get me up and moving I made myself a wonderful breakfast :)  I love fruit. I have been craving it non stop... I wish this was the case when I wasn't pregnant, too :)  So this perfect blend of yogurt, granola, blueberries, bananas, and strawberries drizzled with honey hit the spot.  I am awake and SO ready to tackle studying for this final. onnne more left.  I can do it.  Bear with me while I motivate myself this morning through this blog post.

Oh, and to leave you with some encouragement... I read this the other day and wanted to share it. In my Bible study on Wednesday night we were talking about how we study the Bible and what we normally look for when we dive into a passage. This quote goes perfectly with what we discussed :)

The more you know of God’s attributes, the more you understand of his acts; the more you treasure up of his promises, and the more you fully dive into the depths of his covenant, the more difficult will it become for Satan to tempt you to despondency and despair. Acquaint thyself with God and be at peace. Meditate on his law both day and night, and thou shalt be like a tree planted by the rivers of water; thy leaf shall not wither; thou shalt bring forth fruit in thy season, and whatsoever thou doest shall prosper. Ignorance of God is ignorance of bliss; but knowledge of God is a divine armor, by which we are able to ward off all the blows of the enemy. Know thyself, O man, and that will make thee miserable; know thy God, O Christian, and that will make thee rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. 
— Charles Spurgeon in Sermon No. 287 Delivered on Sabbath Morning, December 4th, 1859

Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment