5.11.2012

37 Weeks




Confession time.  Our baby is not the size of a pumpkin this week, it is the size of a swiss chard or a winter melon.  Pumpkin is the "fruit" for week 38, but really, who knows how big (or for that matter, what is) a swiss chard?  I figured a 6 pound pumpkin (which is how big the baby is this week!) is a pretty big pumpkin, so I feel ok with the label even though I'm lying :)

We are getting sooo close.  We are both really excited but reality is kicking in that we need to make sure we have everything in place- like buying a diaper pail and getting our bags packed and putting in the car seat (see below!).  Apparently at 37 weeks it can be "go time" yet I'm still convinced this little guy/ girl is going to be hanging out for a little bit longer, so I'm in it for the long haul!  Obviously, we would be thrilled if he/ she decided to make their appearance before 40 weeks- we are getting so excited to hold and play with him/ her, and I'm getting kind of tired of calling our baby "him/ her" or really we refer to our baby usually as "it" :)

Especially with Mother's day coming around the corner, it is becoming more and more a reality of just what a blessing my new role as a mom is going to be.  I feel incredibly honored and thankful that God has given me (and Dan!) the privilege of parenting our baby.  I know it won't always be pretty.. or easy (good reminder of the impossible call to motherhood here).. or for that matter even feel like a privelage, but my hope is that we wouldn't lose perspective of what an important job we are going to have and the incredible impact we can have on this child.  Come what may, we're excited and can't believe there are going to be 3 of us soon as opposed to 2!

I decided to take pictures of us installing the car seat.  I know, that's such a first time parent thing to do.  But it still makes me smile when I get in my car and see the little seat there and think about our baby being in it soon!  Now we can officially leave the hospital and take him/ her home! yay!

He already looks like a dad :)

Reading the instructions..

Stopping to make fun of me for snapping so many pictures haha

We're in!

Followed by the cheesy thumbs up shot. Go team.

0 comments:

Post a Comment