5.09.2012

The True Meaning of Marriage

So if you follow certain pastors/ people on twitter you may have seen this video floating around yesterday, but it was too good not to share with you. I watched it at 11:20 in bed last night and there may have been tears involved.  I blame the pregnancy.

You can watch the video below and then download a PDF for free of Piper's book Momentary Marriage.  Yes I said free.  Piper is just that awesome.  I read through this book in the Fall because it was one we had on our list to do in our couples study, and I would definitely recommend it.  Here's the portion he read in the video:

"Marriage is not mainly about prospering economically.  It is mainly about displaying the covenant keeping love between Christ and His church.  Knowing Christ is more important than making a living.  Treasuring Christ is more important than bearing children

Either way it is short.  It may have many bright days or may be covered with clouds but if we set our face to make of marriage mainly of what God designed it to be no sorrows or calamities will stand in our way.  Everyone of them will be not an obstacle to success but a way to succeed. 

The beauty of the covenant keeping love between Christ and His Church shines brightest when nothing but Christ can sustain it. 


.

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing video! I just bawled my eyes out haha.. much too early for that! But thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I thought it was a great story! I'm glad you watched it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing that Stef. Such an inspiring story.

    On a side note, I didn't cry, which I suppose makes me pretty cold hearted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I am so blown away. What a beautiful testimony!

    ReplyDelete