3.09.2012

This will be our life soon...

Last weekend we babysat my boss' kids.  The mini mahls and I go way back: from showers to other babysitting adventures, we love watching them.  And, they are about 7 months old now, (one of the cutest ages!) and we got to hang out with our other co workers Ashley and Caleb.  4 against 2 seems to be a good number when we are watching babies. 

What struck me about our time babysitting them is that for most of the afternoon we were just hanging out, not really taking any pictures, and then came time for dinner.  Seriously I was like a kid at a zoo.  You know when you're standing at the polar bear exhibit, or the penguin exhibit.. really any exhibit at all, and you see one of the zoo people come out holding a bucket? You have that moment where you lock eyes with your sibling and at the same time exclaim "Feeding Time!" feeling so privileged that you have your awesome front row view of the feeding. 

Well, that was a little how I was on Saturday when it came time to feed the kids.  A little kid at a zoo.  The second we got those bibs on I informed Dan to get the camera ready and take as many pictures as he could.  This was no easy task however as they are constantly moving around, grabbing the spoon, food container, bib, their shirt.  You name it, they wanted to touch it.  But it was oh so adorable.  And even though it was messy and a little crazy, I kind of wanted to do it again.  I'm sure we'll have PLENTY of opportunities in the future. 

So, here are some fun shots we got of "feeding time" and some other moments of the night :)

Clara :)
cute Caleb (notice me holding his bib down..)
Dan can totally handle two kids at a time. On his own. 
It was SO fun to watch them interact!
Clara :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment