3.12.2012

The South Side

Last weekend I got to catch up with some of my previous "Bible study girls" as I like to call them :)  Mandy recommended we go to a cute restaurant in Chicago.. and by that she meant a cute restaurant on the South side of Chicago.  For those of you who live around here you know it's not the best part of town.  And, when we were looking for a parking spot I landed one right next to a house with a sign in the window that said "We will call the police."  I thought about taking a picture, but then realized that may lead to me getting arrested so I didn't.  At that point I knew we definitely weren't near the Bean or Navy Pier anymore.

However, she introduced to me a cute, "hole in the wall" restaurant called Pleasant House that had tea time on Sundays (adorable) with little scones and treats, and also little pies.  Mine had chicken curry in it and it was SO good.  This cute couple owns the place and although it is super small, it was fun.  I love trying out new places, and thankfully since it was Sunday we didn't hit too much traffic going through the city.  Take a look at the restaurant!
My meal :)

Tea time.




Bethany, Stacy, and Mandy

Mandy let me jump in one :)

2 comments: