3.20.2012

Crazy weeks and sunny weekends

Have you experienced that moment when you get to class and the girl next to you casually asks if you have your paper?  Then, right as you respond with, "you're kidding, right?" you see her slowly pull out her 6 page paper and you realize this isn't a bad dream, it's reality, and you have failed. Miserably failed.  Thankfully, I have a wonderfully gracious professor that gave me two days to read his 250 page book on Buddhism and turn in my 6 page paper.  So, that pretty much sums up my last week.

But, this weekend came, and it was wonderfullll.  Really, any weekend can go from a 6 to 9 when it's 80 degrees in mid March in Chicago.  It just doesn't get any better than that.  And, we made our first official trip to Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby.  Up until this point, I have looked up reviews on everything we have listed on our registry, but we have yet to actually look at anything in person.  With that being said, let me ask you something.  Did you know that you can buy a stroller for $800?  I mean, don't get me wrong, it looked nice and was super smooth, but if I'm going to spend that much money on a stroller, it better be making me lattes on my walks.  So, as Dan and I sat there in the $600 gliders (that were amazingly comfortable, might I add) we discussed  how much money we could spend on this baby. Then we laughed about it for a little bit.  Got up, and decided we needed to start looking on Craig's list for some deals.

Via I love the white and the shelves - I think this will help us save some space
In other news, since I am going to be working from home part time, I told Dan that I realized I am going to need some sort of a desk area.  The couch is not going to cut it with my two computer screens.  Since we lost our Ikea desk in the flood last year in our other apartment, we need to buy another one and decide what is affordable and how we will fit it in our apartment.  Naturally, I headed to Pinterest to look for some ideas:






















via definitely not conducive to our one bedroom apt.. but that yellow chair!? adorable 
via Good idea for storage

via Cute- doesn't take up too much space & has storage 
So many options... I just hope I can find a small amount of space in our apartment to set something up :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment