3.27.2012

Our last couple trips before May

Dan and I are trying to balance seeing everyone we possibly can and doing everything we possibly can before the baby is born, while also spending time sleeping in, resting, and enjoying these last few weeks we have with just the two of us! This past weekend, was spent doing the former.

Straight from work on Friday we hopped in the car and and headed into the city- during Chicago rush hour and a crazy storm.  Although it wasn't the best drive we've had traveling to Indianapolis, we made it there safely and even got to see a pretty rainbow (see below) when we arrived in West Lafayette which somehow made it all seem better :)  We spent the night catching up with my bro, his wife, and my parents (we even skyped with my other brother in California :) and also watched March Madness.  (Sadly, my bracket has taken a turn for the worst- I knew I couldn't trust UNC to the end).

Then, after having an amazing brunch with them we got up and headed to Indianapolis to spend some time with Luke and Brittany.  We got Huddles ice cream (oh how I wish they had these in Chicago), I asked Brittany a thousand questions about giving birth (she's a labor and delivery nurse), and then we hung out with some friends, Blaire and Evan, that we hadn't seen since our vacation we took last year!  In Florida Blaire was pregnant and now Caleb is almost 8 months old!! It is so crazy to see how fast they grow.  I'm sure I will be saying this a year from now!

The next day I drove over to spend the day/ night with my best friend from college, Jamie.  We spent our time catching up and even went to Target to tweek my registry a bit.  Although we may have knocked down a couple large baby signs in the process, we managed to test out all the strollers and have successfully decided to go with the Chicco travel system.  I think we made a good choice :)

Overall, it was a great weekend with Monday coming sadly way too soon!

The rainbow after our long drive through the storm.  
Jon & Holly's cats.  We like to think of them as their kids :)
What Luke and Brittany got us!! SO cute! 
And Brittany made this blanket for us, as well- so sweet. 
And as if that wasn't enough, I got to Jamie's house and she got together all of my friends from Miami to write us letters and bought us this bear, overalls (for the baby after 6 months) and a nursing cover! We seriously are so blessed.
And she got us these cute socks :)
Dan and Luke intently looking up the best/ manliest stroller they could find lol
Jamie's sister, Patti, is throwing a bridal shower and she was testing out Pinterest ideas :)
We made amazing home made pizza!
All of the encouraging letters we got from my Miami friends!
Annnd when we walked in our apt this is how cold it was.  I can't believe we had the air conditioning on last week (I'm pregnant and I get hot easily.. don't judge) because it was 80 and now we had to turn the heat on so we wouldn't freeze!

0 comments:

Post a Comment