12.07.2011

Oh, the changes I make to my hair

So, if by any chance you were on Pinterest this weekend, and you follow me, you may have been bombarded with all the bang styles I was adding to my newly created board "Hair + Bangs."  Here is my bang saga:

I love bangs.  I think they're super cute, and anytime I see them on someone I think "man I wish I had bangs."  So one day this summer I decided to cut them myself.  I looked at tons of pictures of Naomi from Rockstar Diaries, and went to town. I thought they looked ok, but seeing as I don't cut hair for a living, they weren't perfect.  I think I wore them to one wedding and one day at work, and then immediately started pinning them back; the change was too overwhelming.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago- the craving for bangs begins aggain. I'm crazy I tell ya.  So I start looking at pictures and reminiscing about how cute they are- and tell Dan my plan- cut my bangs.  He tells me I can under one condition:  I get them professionally done.  No argument here. So, after looking at pictures like the ones below on Saturday, I did it!



So, here is where the accountability part comes in.  I need to keep the bangs for at least two weeks.  It's a huge change, and it makes me nervous (more nervous probably than I should.. maybe I need to look a little deeper and see if I'm TOO concerned with my appearance.. that will be a blog post for another time.)  But, I think if I actually tried them out for a couple weeks, I would get used to them and like them.  I like them now, but it's just SUCH a change that I get nervous and second guess myself.

So, there is my hair saga. I know you were really interested :)  So thanks for reading, and I'll keep you updated on how it goes with my bangs.
I'm so great at taking pictures of myself lol

1 comments:

  1. I am the same way with bangs! I really want them these days!

    ReplyDelete