12.16.2011

16 weeks

Ok, this has officially been baby week. But, guess what? I'm officially caught up! Technically I'm 17 weeks today, but last weekend we took our 16 week pictures and some Christmas pictures (I'm REALLY hoping we get our Christmas cards out on time...).

I realized I haven't shared too much about the actual pregnancy- and really, there isn't too much to say.  At times I was worried there was nothing in there simply because I felt SO normal.  But, I now see how much of a blessing it was.   Other than some pretty intense food cravings the first 13 weeks, that's about all I felt! (I can definitely see how you can easily gain 40+ pounds- add on pregnancy cravings plus the freedom to increase your caloric intake by 300 calories?! That combo can be dangerous)  I didn't even really crave anything in particular, it's just when I craved something, I wanted it right then.  For instance, we were in the store and I saw sour gummy worms.  I told Dan I needed to get those- like right that second.  He just smiled and said ok, but it literally took everything in me not to rip open the package before we checked out.  Other than that, I have been SO incredibly blessed.  I know lots of people (including some friends right now) who can't get out of bed they are so sick, or even a couple who had to go to the hospital.  They are already making HUGE motherly sacrifices for their baby!

Because of that (and other reasons), Dan thinks that we're having a boy.  As for me, I honestly don't know!  I don't even have a hunch (does that make me a bad mother already?!).  Our heart beat was low at first, which made me think boy (according to some sources) but then it shot up at our second appointment, so I honestly have no clue.  And, we've decided not to find out!  Even though it will take a lot of will power at our next appointment, 20 weeks (when you can find out the gender), we really are excited for it to be a surprise!  Also, some other factors affected our decision to wait.  First, we will still be in our one bedroom apartment until next September-so you do the math- baby born around May = no nursery for this baby until we move!  Also, since I'll be graduating from Trinity with my Masters at the beginning of May, I won't have much time to spend preparing cute things for his/ her arrival.  So, we decided to wait, and I'm actually kind of excited that we are!

Ok, enough chatting.  Here is the 16 week picture, and a sneak preview of one of the pictures we took for our Christmas card (it's not the one we're using, though!)



Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You are such cute parents already! And you are definitely not a bad parent for not having a hunch about the gender of your precious baby! During pregnancy #1, I most often had a hunch that we were having a boy. (Almost everyone else thought we were having a boy, too.) And sweet Bekah shocked us when she was born. Pregnancy #2, I had learned my lesson the first time and didn't have a hunch one way or the other. Many others hadn't learned that lesson and were convinced (again) that I was having a boy (partially because of how I was carrying). And Abby shocked them when she arrived. (Nathan didn't have a hunch one way or the other either time.) All that to say...only God knows the gender of your sweet, precious baby. And I'm so excited to meet him/her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I felt the SAME way! Lately I just can't even believe I'm preggo... because I feel so normal! I actually did have a rough first trimester.. but the second has been great! :)

    ReplyDelete