12.13.2011

8 Weeks

So, I had left off talking about we JUST found out we were pregnant!  We took some pictures, but honestly, I can't say that I was really excited.  In light of what happened the previous month, I was more scared than anything.  I just didn't want to get my hopes up, and then have something happen.  Anytime Dan would want to talk about the baby, I would almost always have a disclaimer "if everything is ok, then yes...." but Dan was very reassuring and patient with me, even though I'm pretty sure he thought I was a crazy person :) I just kept telling myself to make it to the first appointment to hear the heartbeat, then I wouldn't worry so much. 

Well, the big day came- my 8 week appointment.  I seriously felt like I was going to throw up.  I hate it when they listen to your heart rate and take your blood pressure because I was sure they were getting abnormal results because of the crazy state I was in.  Our ultrasound technician was SO sweet and reassuring.  I'll never forget the moment she took her curser and said "Do you see that little gray blob there?  That's your little peanut!"  I'm pretty sure I was squinting and turning my head at the screen as she was measuring it- I honestly couldn't believe that was a human!  After telling us were actually 6 weeks 5 days along, she started looking for the heart rate.  I honestly teared up when I heard it- I don't know how that small "blob" had one, but it was beating loud and clear- and I looked over at Dan with the BIGGEST smile on my face.  That was our baby!  She printed out the pictures and then I met with our doctor.  I asked a thousand questions, including what my chances of miscarriage were- you would think that hearing the heart rate would put it to rest for sure, but I knew that it was still really early.  She told me before I came in my chances were 30%, now they were 15%, and at each appointment it would decrease.  Obviously, it never goes away, but she was, as they all were, very reassuring. 

We scheduled our next appointment and headed out.  I couldn't believe it- we were on our way to being parents!  Unfortunately, that week was SO busy for us- that we couldn't get around to taking pictures, so we ended up taking them when I was 8 weeks.  Here's our first "pregnancy pic:"


That is our little baby- see that blob in the corner? Yep, that's it!
More updates to come later!

1 comments:

  1. So sweeeeeet :) Saying a prayer for Baby C. This post made me choke up!

    ReplyDelete