12.06.2011

hello Karaoke.

Jacqui singing


The guys
Rockin' it out to Beiber!
Last week was a little hard getting back into the swing of things after being home for so long, so I was REALLY looking forward to Friday.  And, what a better way to kick it off than karaoke with the co workers?

We went to a place in Vernon Hills, and while I was a little nervous because they had a karaoke contest going on where you qualify for the next round, the audience of 5 in the restaurant quickly assured me that this wasn't going to be a big deal.  There were lots of good songs that were sung:

Sweet Caroline- sung by the guys
Baby by Justin Beiber- sung on by Beyer, Ashley, and Jacqui
Lucky- sung by Krystal and Jordan
Paparazzi- sung by the ladies
Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy- sung by none other than yours truly and her husband- I know, a little inappropriate but it's kind of a tradition for us now. Sometimes you don't realize how bad the lyrics are until you start reading them.. anyway that's for another day.
Jacqui is awesome and had a couple amazing ballads in there as well

I knew it wasn't going well for Dan and I when the DJ walked over to turn my microphone down. haha hilarious.  Anyway, it was a good time.  It has been an ongoing tradition and I am glad that our office keeps it alive even though Dan and I were really tired and almost turned the night in at 9:15- we're getting SO old. 

The rest of the weekend we spent getting a little Christmas shopping done, going out to eat with friends, and then reading- literally I think I read 300 pages for our finals.  Almost there. The end is in sight. 

So, overall it was really nice- a little bit of work and fun :) Hope yours was great, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment