4.20.2012

My husband's theory

So there is this running joke in our group of friends based off of something Dan said a couple months ago.  Right when we got pregnant, Dan told everyone how he believed that the first born child always looks like the dad.  I look like my dad, Dan looks like his dad (it's crazy how much he looks like his dad actually...) and since he knows a couple other people who look like their dads (and are first born) his theory emerged.  Well, because of the joking nature of our friends, this has been blown out of proportion and they make fun of him every chance he gets for his theory.  And they try to point out the second they think they have proof that his theory is ruined (aka a baby looks more like the mom). 

Naturally then, when we were in Texas, I asked Dan's parents to get out some baby pictures of Dan, because if this baby is going to look like him, I kind of wanted a sneak preview of some new born/ baby pictures :)  I've seen baby pictures of him, but it honestly was almost 4 years ago at our wedding so it's been a while.

We had SO much fun looking through all of the pictures!  And, what is really odd is how different Dan looks from birth to around 5 months.  He honestly looks like a totally different kid.  He went from having dark, almost curly hair, to completely blond.  While Dan tends to joke that he wasn't the cutest baby out of the womb, his mom insists that he was so cute, he just had a nose that was a little flat :)

Whether our child looks like Dan or I, I am sure we are going to be totally in love and smitten and think that he/ she is the cutest thing.  I'm fine if after we post 500 pictures on this blog/ facebook you want to talk about us behind our back about how alienish our baby looks, because I am sure we will be totally blind to any of that anyway.

So, here are some pictures of Dan when he was a baby.  I will definitely be posting some of me later and then we can compare in a couple weeks!

I hope I look as good as Dan's mom did after birth!

So sweet :) Dan and his dad

Bringing Dan home!

Hellloo cheeks.

Love this one.
Such a great picture :)
Getting more blond...

totally blond!

Cute sibling shot!  Dan is on the top left


so cute!

I love this shot- I'm sad it's a little dark!


3 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures! And Dan does look SO much like his dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan looks exactly like his dad, and Beth looks exactly like her mom! Too funny! Tom and I are both firstborns, and we look like our dads. Libby looked just like Tom for a few months but is now looking more like a mix of us. All in all, I support Dan's theory though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok let's be real- whatever baby C looks like, she or he is going to look DARLING cause both of y'all are. :)

    i think Dan's theory rocks, and is so true for lots of families! ---but just in case baby C looks more like Mommy Stef, just know that I'm a 1stborn and look more like my Mom than my Dad--- and my husband's family-- the 1stborn brother looks carbon-copy like his Grandpa. haha weird but true!!!! :) so you never know. :)

    and p.s. please know I'm praying for you guys-- with pregnancy, Dan's mom, etc.. I feel AWFUL, too, that I never got my stuff in for the Miami Girls' gift--life was just too wacko and I was all over the place and never sat down to do it! :( SO expect a treat from NW Ohio *sometime* in the future. Maybe it'll be fun to get something when little mister/miss Cinadr is here and all the showers/etc have calmed down?! :) LOVE YOU GUYS! <3 ella (and bud) :)

    ReplyDelete