2.10.2012

A weekend of Recipes

So this weekend I tried so many new recipes!  Pinterest has officially becoming my "go to" site when I make a grocery list.  Luckily, I was able to make some fun things since it was the Superbowl and I was asked to bring dessert to our friend's house on Saturday night.

So, Saturday afternoon I began making the first recipe: Blueberry Buttermilk Cake.


Doesn't it look SO good?  I really wanted to make blueberry muffins, but sadly I couldn't find our muffin pans :(  I have no idea where they went.  I spent almost 20 minutes looking everywhere and even recruited Dan to help (maybe he saw something I didn't...) but sadly we couldn't find them.  So, I have no idea where they are, but I know I need to either buy some new ones or look a little more because I will be making cupcakes at some point!

Anyway, this turned out really good and moist.  And I substituted 1% milk with a little whipping cream to make Buttermilk.. or in my mind I assumed that was a good substitute.  Jewel apparently doesn't sell Buttermilk; either that or it was somewhere other than in the dairy section.

Next, I made these Individual Peanut Butter Pies. 


This was another really good recipe.  It was VERY rich though.  If you're not into rich peanut butter and chocolate, this is not for you.  However, I think mine would have looked better if I had these little see- through ramekins- ours are white so they didn't look quite as cute.  I'm so used to making trifles but this was a fun change!

 Lastly, for the Superbowl Party I made these Buffalo Chicken Poppers.


We love buffalo dip, but I always make it so I wanted to try something new.  These were really easy and very good!  I didn't make the avocado dip, I was pretty sure Dan wouldn't have any of it.  So I just mixed some Red Hot Sauce with some Ranch to make a buffalo dipping sauce and I really liked that!  I would highly recommend this as an appetizer.  And they look so cute, too :)

Hopefully I'll have some new ones to post, soon!  Enjoy your weekend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment