2.02.2012

Rest

 "The apostles returned to Jesus and told him all that they had done and taught. And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat."
Mark 6:30-31

I love how Jesus knows when his disciples have had enough.  When they are busy, when they are worn out, and when they need to rest.  And the rest Jesus is talking about isn't sitting in front of the T.V. or in front of a computer, but going to a desolate place to rest for a while with Him.  Jesus was a part of their resting.  That is true rest, and I'm in desperate need of it this week.


This song describes this perfectly.  And I like listening to it.  And Kari Jobe's pretty great.  Hope you find time to rest today :)

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with her whole CD. This one is especially good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Stef! You look soooo cute with your baby bump :) If I got to hang out with you right now, I would definitely stare at it. Haha! Thanks for the great song – your comments also reminded me of Lindsay's song, Come Rest. Love that one too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete