2.27.2012

Lots of Chicago

Thanks for bearing with me on my little blogging break.  It was good for me to get away from the internet world for a little bit, but I'm also excited to be back :)

There hasn't been too much going on in our lives this past week.  It ended with me having a pretty crummy cold that has caused me to hide away in our apartment for a couple of days.  However, before that, we were able to get out quite a bit and hang out with Dan's parents when they drove through Chicago on their way back to Texas and we also had some time to head into the city.  Here has been our life through my phone these past couple days!

Dan's dad LOVES Portillos (ever since we brought him here when we first moved out here) so when they were in town we went there to eat. I forgot how amazing it was. 
And of course we had their chocolate cake.. and their chocolate cake shake.  Note: the chocolate cake shake does NOT  hold the same consistency for two days. 

Then, the next night we got Giordano's stuffed pizza. 
Next we took a little trip up to the North Shore to check out the house where Home Alone was filmed.  It was really crazy to see it in person! The street looked nothing how I thought it would, but the house looks exactly the same.
Then we drove toward the water to check out the shore.  It was SO stinkin' cold. Hence the icicles. 
It looks so pretty though, right?
Next we scouted out a view of the skyline- can you see it waaaayyy off in the distance?
Ok, so totally transitioning to our night in downtown.  There was a snowstorm that hit so we decided to forego driving and take the metra... which gave us time to eat dinner at Chipotle.  I love chips & guac.
Our church did a live recording of some worship songs at our new campus in downtown Chicago.  
We were ready to go.  I'll have more pictures from the event later.
We hadn't been on the Metra since we lived in downtown Arlington Heights! There were some really loud people sitting behind us.  I unfortunately didn't miss it.  However, I was thankful we weren't driving into the city. At rush hour. In the snow.
And my handsome husband split open his eye at basketball on Saturday so he had to wear a bandage all week :(
All the snow.  This is what Chicago winters usually look like. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment