2.16.2012

Preparing for the future...

Dan and I have made a pretty intense decision about the baby.  We have decided that we are going to give cloth diapers a try.  I'm not sure what you're thinking.  If you're currently using them you are probably thinking "Yay! They are great and save us tons of money!" If you've never used them you probably think we're nuts.  If you're like my mom who tried them 26 years ago on twins when they were made out of safety pins and a piece of cloth, you probably think I'm not going to make it one diaper change. 

Well, no matter what category you fall into, we're still planning on trying them, and hoping to stick with it!  I wish I could tell you I'm doing this because I care deeply about the environment, but that's not really the case.  I probably should care more actually, so I like to assume this is me doing my part :)  However, whatever will help us save money, we're all for it.  And we have a friend in our Bible Study who has done it with her three kids and she has definitely saved money by using them.  So, we're hoping to give it a shot and make it last. 

 And, please don't tell me these aren't adorable?!




I think they're cute... maybe my feelings will change after they're dirty.  But, right now they're clean and new and I have high expectations that cloth diapers will be amazing :)

3 comments:

  1. They ARE adorable! I wish I had some prints! And, even if you totally hate it and decide that you'd rather not use them, you can re-sell the diapers on Craigslist for most of what you paid. But you will get the hang of it, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment was from me, I was just signed in to another e-mail account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips!! Obviously, I haven't changed a dirty diaper for a week straight yet let alone use cloth diapers, so we'll have some experimenting to do! I think we will take your advice and try to ease into it for the first month and give ourselves some grace getting used to it :)

    ReplyDelete