4.14.2011

The Gospel Coalition

via www.thegospelcoalition.org
This week has gone by so fast!  I mentioned earlier that we were privileged to attend the Gospel Coalition and I am so thankful that we did.  The only bummer is that Dan and I wish we had a week to process all the talks and workshops we listened to the past three days!  As I spend the weekend and next week looking over my notes, I will hope to share with you all that I learned.

Overall, we were very encouraged by the speakers and their passion for living out the gospel, not just in their churches, but their lives.  All the main speakers were great but some of my personal favorites were Matt Chandler and Mike Bullmore.  (I obviously liked Pastor James, we're just spoiled and get to listen to him all the time... and Keller was good.. and I always love Alistair.. yeah, I would listen to as many as you can lol)  I believe they put up some of the talks on line so I would highly encourage you to listen to some of them if you get a chance!  For now, I will share with you my basic observations from the conference!

  • For some reason when Kristyn Getty quotes scripture it sounds much holier than when I read it
  • Trinity got so many shout outs from the speakers- yay!
  • Shaving your head (if you're a guy) is the cool thing to do if you're Reformed.  I thought I saw Tim Keller at least 20 times.
  • I love that we got almost 15 free books between the two of us!
  • Only in downtown Chicago would we be in stopped traffic at 10:30 p.m. on a Wednesday night- that wasn't too fun :/
  • Pastors LOVE to quote hymns
  • Trying to sneak into the "reserved seating" is not a good idea!
I'll post more substantial observations later :)

2 comments:

  1. So jealous you got to go to this, but I'm looking forward to reading about what you learned :) I love reading your blog! Love from Richmond, VA -Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO great! I'm excited to share what I learned- definitely still processing everything!

    ReplyDelete