4.18.2011

I LOVE this project!

I follow a couple "interior decorating blogs" and I have recently seen a lot of these framed chalkboards.  The second I saw them I knew I wanted to try to figure out how to make one of my own!  So, when we had a bare wall right staring at us as soon as you entered our apartment, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to put there!  And, what is even better, is that this project is SUPER easy. 

1. Buy a frame- I went to Hobby Lobby and they had tons to choose from!
2. Go to the art section of Hobby Lobby or any craft store and find anything that resembles a poster board material- they had all sorts of sizes and I found one that fit right into my frame!
3. Spray the poster board with chalk paint (I bought the kind in a spray can and just did it on our balcony with a plastic bag underneath).   Put on 2 coats.
4.  Wait till it dries and staple it in the frame. 

I'm a huge fan :) Here is how it looks on the leaning bookshelf (another thing I've been eyeing for a while- when Hobby Lobby has furniture for 50% off it can be a dangerous day for me :)


One of my favorite verses :)

I loved this basket! And, when we got 6 new Bibles at the Gospel Coalition- I knew exactly where we would put them for now :)
I really like the look of the letters, too! I've seen lots of people with them hanging on a wall so maybe I'll try that later!


Our apartment is finally starting to feel like home!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I have been bitten w/ a DIY home decor bug lately... I made some cute memo boards I will have to post about later this week but this is definitely on my list of "must-makes" after finals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! Unfortunately- there is only so much you can do with a rental, but it's probably better I start out with small projects :) I'm excited to see what you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Stef! Nicely done!!! Maybe you can give me a hand decorating sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOVE this too! I actually just bought chalkboard spray paint just the other day! I may have to add this project to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete