4.28.2011

Oh contentment

After a busy couple days of studying and writing papers (oh finals) I found myself becoming ... what's the word I'm looking for... grumpy... unsettled... discontent.  I feel like I came back from a high school youth group retreat and was on this great high of spending time in the Bible and being away from life for a while that going make to the mundane everyday tasks has been somewhat of a let down. 

And then yesterday before class started, I was doing a last minute check of my email and in my inbox was a new post from CJ Mahaney's blog that really spoke to me. 

It's nothing you haven't heard before.  It's not the latest discoveries on how to be fulfilled.

It's just the truth, plain and simple.  I never get tired of being reminded of the truth.  I hope it encourages you a little bit today :)

"A speedboat, job promotion, or beautiful, loving spouse who likes long walks on the beach can’t bring fullness of joy. Eternal pleasures can’t be purchased with a platinum credit card. Full, overflowing, eternal joy and pleasure are found only in the presence of God, and in the gospel we have access to his joyful presence....

If we’re not consistently spending time in the presence of God, we won’t be content.

Period."

0 comments:

Post a Comment