10.03.2014

Lots and lots of apples

There is one really special thing about picking apples this year: Jake can actually bite into the apple and eat it.  I seriously wanted to sing the hallelujah chorus when I realized this because last year he would choke on the skin/ big pieces every time he took a bite. And if anyone knows me, choking is one of the most terrifying things for me.  So while it may have looked like we were having a great family day picking apples last year, we really weren't.  Ok, so that's a little extreme.  We were having fun, but I was watching Jake like crazy to make sure he wouldn't choke.  (And I seriously just had a moment looking back at those pictures- Jake had the cutest little blonde hair!  I'm so sad its gone :(  )

So this year Jake and I (Dan was at work.. but don't worry we will go again :) ate about 10 apples combined (for real) and, we used this cool "apple catcher" thing that I had never used before to get the apples up high.  We went this year with some apple picking pros and I didn't realize how amateur we were until they showed us the apple catchers.  

Also, when we got there they informed us that all the honey crisp apples had been picked (insert loud gasp here).  I seriously almost cried.  Then she pointed to a bin of apples and told me those were the last of the honey crisp.  I didn't want to get a lot of apples that day, but for fear of having no honey crisp apples the rest of Fall (and because they only charge 85 cents per pound- I know, aaamazingly cheap) I bought 12 pounds that day.  And I'm so so glad that I did. 









our apple picking pro friends :)

Jake was super excited about the apple catcher




0 comments:

Post a Comment