10.10.2013

Apple Picking and weekend updates

This past weekend we went to Texas!  Yes it was warm and wonderful and we went swimming and we went to a pumpkin patch and we ate Mexican and BBQ and watched football and sat outside by the fire and drank wine and Jake loooved their dogs (how's that for a quick 4 day recap?).  It was such a treat to get away and hang out with Dan's family :)  I have many, many pictures to sort through that will explain in detail my short recap above but I will share those later when I am finished uploading them!

Also, over the weekend we went to The Village Church (we always enjoy visiting there when we are down in Dallas :) and heard an awesome message on Fear and Anxiety.  Seriously, unless you want to try to tell me you don't struggle with those things (lies) you have no excuses to listen to this sermon.  For real though, you will be blessed by it.  I am going to listen to it for the second time later today.  God used this sermon in big ways for us this weekend- not only to speak to Dan's parents who are experiencing anxiety on a large scale as they battle cancer, but also in our life and our smaller struggle with the miscarriage.  We were so thankful we were able to hear it this past weekend.


Sanctification: Examining Fear and Anxiety from The Village Church on Vimeo.

I know I said a while ago we were done with the fall pictures but I totally forgot about our apple picking adventure.  We had so much fun and the weather was aaamazing.  The only stressful part was once Jake saw that the apples were free for anyone to pick up and eat he proceeded to pick up every apple and bite into it.  And his bites were not small.. they were huge.  Then, he would spit it out because he couldn't chew it.  Crazy little man.  He had this mom worried that he was going to choke.. and if you know me that is one of my biggest fears for Jake (see.. another way I struggle with fear. it's all over my life.)  So other than watching Jake like a hawk as he picked up at least 20 apples to bite into, it was fun :)



travelingtype apple picking
I am obsessed with this new font on pictures thing. Don't judge.



DSC_8516
On our Hay ride :)
DSC_8482
Drinking apple cider
DSC_8501
Watching planes
DSC_8477
He LOVED feeding the animals
DSC_8466
DSC_8444
This is me making sure Jake didn't choke
DSC_8440
You can see the stress all over my face
DSC_8433
DSC_8420
These are basically the only kind we got. So so good.
DSC_8418
Jake had his mouth open in these two pictures because he wanted Dan to give him another bite lol
DSC_8412
You can tell he was getting a little impatient lol
DSC_8406
DSC_8398
DSC_8390

2 comments: