9.19.2014

Getting into the Word

I am not normally the one who likes to do devotions from my phone.  To be honest with you I have always been quite happy with the traditional Bible, journal, pen, and the occasional highlighter routine that I had going on since college.  But one day I stumbled upon this app on instagram; it's called she reads truth.  You guys.  If you are a woman, or especially a new mom who is nursing a new baby or holding a sleeping baby or really, if you find yourself wasting time on your phone, I would highly recommend checking this app out.  Some of the studies are free and some of them cost under $2, but to me, it's so worth it. 

The studies have a couple verses and then a short devotion afterwards.  The other day the Gospel study (a free one :) had me reading the following verse: 

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place." 2 Corinthians 2:14 (NASB)

This particular day it really hit me, that God uses me everywhere I go.  And I don't go alone, He leads me me and manifests His awesome presence through me every. single. day.  That's was a lot for me to take in on this particular morning (and really even today as I'm typing).  The devotion added to the reading of that verse: 

"An aroma is not an argument.  An aroma is not a perfectly rehearsed sales pitch.  An aroma is something experienced.  It transforms the air simply because of what it is. 
We are those commissioned by God to transform the very air in which we live, not because of who we are, but because of who He is."

If that doesn't get you excited about the fact that God uses us then I don't know what will.  God uses us to transform the very air in which we live.  We have been given mercy, grace, wholeness, justice, redemption, and hope. We don't need to force the message of the gospel down the throats of people we meet, we simply hold out Christ and what He has already given us.  Every day I pray that Jake experiences God's love, patience, and grace through me, and I'm so thankful that God assures me in His Word that He is already doing that- that he is already manifesting His aroma through my (what feels like at times) small, insignificant little life.  Suddenly life doesn't feel so insignificant when I am reminded of this. 

I hope that encourages you today no matter where you are :)

And as always, here are some pictures of Jake :)



{so serious, right? lol}









{So thankful for my sweet family}

0 comments:

Post a Comment