10.05.2011

Let's talk about hair

I have a secret to share: I hate styling my hair.  Don't get me wrong, I want to have beautiful hair, but I really dislike the work it takes to make it look like that .. blow drying it.. curling it.. even brushing it.  Now make up.. that can be fun for me, but hair.  Not. at. all.

Really, I think I'm worn out.  In college, weeks before formals, I would spend hooours looking up hairstyles.  Don't mind the fact that they were all pictures of Carrie Underwood- someone with much thicker, longer, and blonder hair than mine.  I was sure if I did her exact haistyle I would look like her.  Sadly enough, it took me many years to realize this was NOT true. I crack myself up.

Actually, recently I have tried googling hair styles for my type of hair, in particular "updos." Do you know how difficult it is to find updos for short, thin, fine hair?  Very difficult.  Go ahead and google it.  Let me know if you find anything.

See, my problem is that I like things like this: 
via
 via
 via
I know what you're saying- there's no way that is going to happen.  Trust me, I know.  But, recently I found this blog: The Small Things Blog.  And she has hair like this:



She has pretty nice hair right!?  I know that she has blonde hair and it looks a little thick, but she gives tutorials.  She helps amateurs like me look decent!  Normally I would say I don't have time, but seeing how good my hair could look if I actually tried, gives me a little motivation.  I'm so thankful that people who are gifted in these areas share their talents on line for free :)  What a great world we live in.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how the grass is always greener? I have thick hair, but wish that it were straighter and a bit thinner so that it didn't always look so crazy.

    I think your hair always looks really pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The internet is full of great ideas...what did we ever do before??? I asked my friends and ended up with a perm in middle school. Biggest. Hair. Mistake. Ever!

    ReplyDelete