3.01.2011

Links and updates!

Whew.  It has been quite a busy couple days!  I had my theology Midterm yesterday that just about wiped me out.  You know those tests where you are writing furiously and answering questions for the full 2.5 hours that you have allotted to take the exam- worried that you won't finish in time?  Yep. That was me yesterday morning.  But, I'm just SO thankful it is over.  Most of the information was very helpful as I continue to challenge myself by formulating my beliefs as to why the Bible is true, how God inspired the writers, and how God reveals Himself to humans.  All good stuff, but somewhat overwhelming.  So, that is basically what overtook my weekend- throw in a dinner with some friends and a night babysitting (this SWEET 8 month year old named Sam- picture below of me with her :) and that brings us to today! 

Oh, and we have some exciting news coming up!  We're still in the process of getting all the details figured out so as soon as we figure that out- we'll share it!!

Lastly, these past couple weeks I have found some great links and thought I'd share them with you!

I am LOVING the dresses here.  I have already told Dan about my excitement about one of them... I'll let you know if it fits in our budget this month!

I've been listening to this song on YouTube lately.

We have been eating a lot of recipes from this blog!  The Buffalo wraps, BBQ quesadillas are wonderful.  Going to make the BBQ pizza tonight!

I just bought these yesterday!  She created a "notes" one that I would reeeallly like as well.  Such a cute idea.

This hotel is getting me excited to get away!  We leave for Florida in less than 2 weeks!!  SO excited.

This Rob Bell controversy has got me thinking.  I feel like everyone has thoughts on it- as you can tell by the hundreds of comments on his page!! (to see the trailer for his new book go here)  Obviously, working and attending seminary I am used to people discussing their theological beliefs, and while some people feel it is better to stop talking and start doing (which is definitely necessary) it is important that we test what people say about heaven and hell with the Bible.  It's such a difficult topic and our pastor did a great job discussing it in his sermon on "What's down with hell."  (I'm pretty sure the link to the sermon is a series so be sure to listen to the whole thing if you do!) The reality about the situation is that this is a very difficult concept to grasp.  Nobody likes hell.  Nobody wants to think about hell.  And nobody really wants to believe that it exists.  But, Jesus makes it pretty clear in the Bible that it is a reality.  And there's a reason that He died a brutal death on the cross.  Personally, I am glad that people are thinking about what Rob Bell says and I find it rather interesting.  I hope it gets you thinking, too :)

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! Love the dresses too! Hmm..... now I have shopping fever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Hell...I am surprised we have not talked about this the last couple of days. Every time I think about the controversy, I walk into your office and you're not there.

    Bell's video was chilling...my pastor is preaching through Matthew and it just so happened this week was the sermon of the wedding feast. On Saturday I saw the video from Bell and on Sunday I got the Biblical take on eternity. Thankful for God's kindness and sovereignty in orchestrating that.

    ReplyDelete