3.04.2011

Goodbye Arlington Heights

Soooo we're moving.  No, we don't own a home and we're only moving 15 minutes down the road, but there are lots of sentimental moments attached to our apartment- this was our FIRST apartment!!  The first place that Dan and I together could call our home.  We have lived there for almost 3 years!! When we talk about our first place to our kids, family, and friends some day this is the place we're going to think about.  So, as I am getting emotional about moving, here is a list of things I am going to miss about our apartment:
  • Marge- she always greets me every time I come home from work updating me about the status of the weather.  And she calls Jewel "U-el" with her German accent.
  • Puma- the dog that lives down the hall from us that will run into our apartment if we keep the door open.
  • The lady that lives in the apartment complex right across from us- as creepy as it may be, we can totally see into her apartment (especially at night) and I get nervous when I haven't seen her in a while.  And I'll miss the fact that her couches are angled in such a way that it looks like she is ALWAYS staring directly into our apartment.  Dan and I are used to it, but our guests always think its weird lol
  • My running route :( 
  • The fact that I can walk to Ann Taylor Loft.  *sigh* maybe we'll save some money in the process
  • Our Panera.  We have spent SO many hours studying there and the one guy gives us free drinks. That will be sad.
  • Alt Thai.  Ok, so I know I can still drive to Alt Thai, but getting take out on my way home was just so wonderful.
  • Walking to Red Box across the street.
  • Downtown Arlington Heights in the summer- it's just so cute :)
Ok, so now that I've got that out of my system- here are things I will not miss, and things that I am totally looking forward to about our NEW place!!
  • Not walking to the parking garage to get my car.  We will have a FREE spot in front of our apartment.  So great.
  • Updated kitchen!  Yes it may be a little smaller, but I'm looking forward to that :)
  • Garbage disposal.  My friend Becca and I (they're moving to the complex too- definite bonus!) were getting probably a little too excited about this luxury- but after spending years picking out nasty, soggy, leftover food out of our sinks, this is going to be a dream.
  • Having a dishwasher.  I cannot wait to throw away our drying rack!
  • The ability to let people in our apt via our phone so we don't have to walk downstairs to open the door for people!  We're lazy.
  • The 15 minute drive to work (as opposed to 30-45 minute drive).  Saving time and gas money.
  • A workout facility!!!  No more running in the winter outside!!!!!!!!
  • Tennis courts- Dan and I will totally become pro's now.
  • A swimming pool.  I can't wait for warm weather!
  • No coin laundry!
So, there are definite pro's to making the move, but I will be a little sad in the process.  The craziness of it all is that we are moving out by the end of this month!  I've already started collecting boxes.  Trust me- I'll keep you updated on the process :)
Happpppy Friday!

1 comments:

  1. I can relate to the garbage disposal thing! Several years ago, my garbage disposal broke in the spring. Although I only had to deal without one for several months, I was so excited when my parents bought me a new one (plus installation) that Christmas. :) Even though there are some things you'll miss about your first apartment, I'm glad you have so much to look forward to, as well!

    ReplyDelete