3.09.2011

Hungry for God

Last night at Bible study Lina discussed "Hunger for God" and quoted C.S. Lewis from his Sermon "The Weight of Glory."  You may have heard it before, but it definitely made me think about the joy that is offered to us- and how much I still seek other things to fulfill me.

"Indeed, if we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that Our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased."

Also, my boss and I have discussed the Rob Bell controversy and he found a good review from someone who has already read the book and passed it along to me.  I figured I would share it with you since I have posted some other information about it.  You can find the review here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment