11.24.2014

Cooperstown

Before I dive into my Cooperstown pictures, I honestly can't say thank you enough for all the support you showed me regarding our season of infertility.  I truly wrote that post in hopes that someone could be encouraged if they were going through a season of waiting like ours, and I ended up being so so encouraged myself by so many of you, so thank you.  Thank you for sharing your stories with me about your miscarriages and your season of waiting, and thank you for sharing the verses you cling/ are clinging to, and thank you for being open and willing to talk about the hard things in life.  Because in 20 years, Lord willing, we will all look back and hopefully have a couple more pieces to the story that we don't know now (even know that's not a guarantee) but right now in the moment it can be hard.  And that's ok.  And my prayer and hope is that if we walk closely to God through the unknown He will pull us through and use us to be a light for His glory in the process. So thank you :)

Onto Cooperstown!  Seriously, you guys I have been meaning to post these pictures for weeeeks.  I am so behind on my pictures so my goal is to post some every day this week so I am caught up and not posting our Thanksgiving pictures on Christmas day!

A couple weeks ago my parents came into town and we always try to see if there are fun things to do in the area (because it's more fun to go with friends and family than just by ourselves!)  It's getting colder here and we are entering the season of 4:00 darkness and freezing temperatures, so there are many limitations on what we can do, but one of the things Dan has been wanting to do since we moved to NY was visit Cooperstown.  He drove through it one day actually during the month he was living out here alone and Jake and I were still in Chicago and since then he's always talked about going back.  My dad definitely wouldn't say no to that opportunity and my mom is always willing to help entertain Jake so off we went :)  I have to admit.... I like watching baseball but I'm not super into the history.  And museums aren't really my thing.  So I looked at some nice pictures for a bit then went to the kids section with my mom and Jake.  Meanwhile, my dad and Dan only got through 1 of 3 floors (I think.. maybe there were 4?!) of the whole museum.  They were really soaking it in.  Thank goodness my dad was kind enough to get "season passes" for the year so they can go back and soak in more of the baseball goodness :)  Oh, and the town was super cute!  We should definitely go back when it's warmer weather!

{these first pictures are from the story garden that my mom and I went to with Jake}






























0 comments:

Post a Comment