5.19.2013

Tough Mudder

 
Today Dan ran with 5 guys in our Bible Study the race known as the "Tough Mudder."   For those of you who haven't heard of it, you run between 10 to 12 miles while doing approximately 20 obstacles in between.  Yes we paid big bucks for him to do this :)  However, I am glad he did it.  It was fun watching them tackle obstacles like swimming through an ice cold Arctic pool and climbing up a huge wall.  And, Jake really was a trooper.  I'm not sure I would bring an almost one year old to an all day event like this again (and after driving, taking the shuttle, watching the race, cleaning off, taking the shuttle, and driving back home.. it turned out to be an ALL day event!) in 80 degree weather.. in a large muddy field... however we all survived and so did the guys :)

In between all the craziness, I was able to get a couple shots.  I'm excited to see the other pictures the wives got- they were able to get closer to the action than I was!  And, this race reminded me what a stud my husband is :) 

And tomorrow is Monday.  Where in the world did the weekend go?


DSC_5464
At the beginning- ready to go!
DSC_5469
The start took forever.  Let's just say the motivational speech was 10 minutes too long. Or so we thought :)
CSC_5757
In good spirits at the beginning!
CSC_5756
In very good spirits lol
DSC_5519
Thank goodness for puffs :)
CSC_5758
Into the artic pool!
CSC_5753
It was cold lol
CSC_5760
Carrying logs lol
CSC_5767
It. was. muddy.
DSC_5576
Stud.
CSC_5763
Monkey bars!
CSC_5764
Sorry you have to suffer through the model shots of my husband :)
DSC_5672
Tackling Mt. Everest!
CSC_5768
SO close!

CSC_5754
Last obstacle!  2nd "shock" obstacle
DSC_5724
My camera had mud on it so unfortunately the pic turned out a little funky
CSC_5773
Seriously... covered in mud!
DSC_5749
Jess rightly keeping her distance :)
DSC_5747
Andy and Becca!

0 comments:

Post a Comment