1.26.2013

Home Progress & Friend Visits

Friends, I can officially say we are done painting the entry.  Sure, there may be some small touch ups.. and we have to do the doors. But that wasn't apart of the original plan when we set out on our painting adventure so in my mind we are DONE.  And guess what that means?  Freedom to start decorating.  The much more fun part in my mind.  I'm so excited!  If you follow me on Pinterest you may have seen the thousands of pictures I have been posting about entryways.  I'm not sure if you saw our original house tour post, but we have quite the project ahead of us decorating our entryway space.  There is this awkward mantle that is making it difficult to put anything in the space.  Right now we bought a table from Hobby Lobby and I LOVE it.  But... we're not sure if it goes in the space.  I told Dan to let it sit there for a bit and maybe I'll get used to it.  So right now it's just sitting there and we're staring at it.  I'll keep you posted on the deep thoughts that emerge about our table later.

DSC_4023
Our little helper :)
DSC_4022
Fascinated by the washer washing our clothes
DSC_4019
I'm only smiling because we are SO close to being done!
This past week my dear friend Cynthia came to visit as well from Liberty, IN!!  She is seriously one of the most encouraging women I know.  You probably all have one of these friends who while building you up, simultaneously puts you down.  Definitely not because of anything they have done, but because to your detriment, through their amazing ability to be an awesome friend, you are brought to the realization that you are not holding up your portion of the friendship.  I feel this often.. and with many friends.  God is so good to put MULTIPLE people in my life who do this.  Anyway, back to Cynthia.  She is the one who always writes a paragraph on your FB wall on your birthday telling you how wonderful you are.  Who is constantly telling you that you are a great friend (even though you haven't called her back in over a week!) and who always brings you gifts when she comes to visit.  Yes, she puts me to SHAME.  Oh, and any stylish clothes you see on Jake are from her- guaranteed.  Needless to say, it was awesome of her to drive out to the suburbs while she was visiting her friend Brooke in Chicago.  It was so nice to see her and Jake loved playing with her for the afternoon :)

DSC_4116
I told you Jake liked her!
DSC_4113

And in case any of you live somewhere where it doesn't snow- (I am officially jealous) here are some pictures of some of the single digit mornings we've been having.  On days like this I am extra thankful for my awesome husband and the work he does as I close the door behind him and he heads off into the frozen tundra to work.  And I'm thankful that for the first time ever our cars are in a garage :) 

DSC_4178
DSC_4182

0 comments:

Post a Comment