1.19.2013

New year, New ideas

I had full intentions of posting this a week ago and somehow I feel that this post would have been more appropriate because it was technically still the the first half of January.  I feel like the New Year blog posts are way overdue.  In my defense I had an event this week which means every minute I'm not watching Jake I'm doing work.  Which unfortunately means no blogging time.  But I still liked these ideas I found so I figured I would share them with you :)

First off, I ordered a new calendar.  I realized that although our world is becoming more and more technology oriented, when you need to get a new phone- you lose everything in your calendar- including birthdays.  My sweet friend Kylie is SO forgiving as I thought her birthday was a MONTH after it really was.  This is what happens, friends, when you keep your birthdays stored on your phone calendar.  So, for the new year I bought some new paper calendars so I can write down birthdays and anniversaries and then next year this won't happen again :)


via

I talked in a previous post about how I wanted to join something called the 5:00 club.  Obviously, as soon as I committed to it, Jake started waking up 3 times at night from (what we think) is teething.  However, I am still committed to trying to get up at a normal time to be in the Word.  For a while I gave myself grace having a newborn, but now that I'm going to have an 8 month old soon (eek!) I figured it is time to get started on getting back on a regular routine of waking up in the morning and not letting Jake be my alarm clock.  And this is a time when technology can be helpful and encouraging!

via

So I now understand why they say it is difficult for moms to work out.  Especially in the winter. When you don't own a treadmill. and don't belong to a gym.  So, that means that my snacking needs to get better since I'm not going to be burning anything off.. I guess other than the running around trying to stop Jake from falling down the stairs since we're struggling with finding gates that fit our stairway.  So, I am *trying* to find healthier snacks and not grab cookies in the morning for breakfast.  Yes, I do that sometimes. More than I'd like to admit... if / when I find new healthy recipes I'll share.


via









Dan and I have been talking about being more committed to date nights.  Obviously there are always going to be excuses - money, time, Jake, finding babysitters- but we really want to get better at doing date nights.  Even if it's just coffee for a couple hours.  I saw this cute idea about how to spice up your date night options and thought it would be fun if Dan and I did this.  Then we wouldn't sit there going "what do you want to do?" "I don't know ... what do you want to do?" over and over again.  Here's to being more committed to getting out of the house in 2013 :)

via
Lastly, we talked in my Bible study about how it would be so helpful if we had a chalkboard that we used for verse memorization.  I think it would be SO helpful and who doesn't love how cute chalk boards are these days?  I made one a while back but it won't fit in our kitchen.. so my next goal is to make one that will easily hang in out kitchen. 

via

0 comments:

Post a Comment