8.10.2012

Every good and perfect gift

Hello Friday.  Where in the world did this week go?  I'm sorry I've been MIA, we've had some fun things come up this week and we will be sharing them soon!

But first, this week I started a new quiet time routine.  I mentioned on here a couple times what I was learning through Beth Moore's book, Praying God's Word, but this week decided it was time to dive into a book in the Bible.  A while back at the Gospel Coalition we got this awesome ESV Bible with lots of commentary but I never used it because it is huge and dragging it around to coffee shops and work would be overwhelming.  However, now that I am at home most of the day, I can finally use it :)  So, I've been trucking through James.

Something that stuck out to me this week was vs. 17 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father..."  I love the placement of this verse because it comes after his discussion of trials, reminding us of God's goodness even amidst trials.  This tied in perfectly with Kevin DeYoung's guest blogger on "Fighting Boredom." He reminds us that God is doing SO many awesome things around us every day, and if we just looked around and took notice of them, we would be amazed and renewed in our wonder for who God is and what He does. 

I love Chesterton's quote:

"It is possible that God says every morning, “Do it again” to the sun; and every evening, “Do it again” to the moon. It may not be automatic necessity that makes all daisies alike; it may be that God makes every daisy separately, but has never got tired of making them. It may be that He has the eternal appetite of infancy; for we have sinned and grown old, and our Father is younger than we. The repetition in Nature may not be a mere recurrence; it may be a theatrical encore."

Have you ever been around someone who has a zest for life?  Who sees God moving in their everyday life, even in the small things, and as a result is thankful and content?  I truly desire to be like that.  I pray that I would see God's beauty here.  Even if I never leave our small one bedroom apartment all day, I desire to see Him moving, and as a result build my excitement for eternity because I know it is going to be a thousand times better.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and see God even in the smallest things.


via


0 comments:

Post a Comment