8.14.2012

2 months

{12 lbs 12 ounces}


I hang my head in shame as this post is almost 20 days late.  We are closer to 3 months than we are 2 months at this point, but I figured better late than never, right? 

2 months was a big milestone for us- Jake started smiling.  I'll never forget the first time he flashed me a quick smile on the changing table.  Up until that point smiles came in the middle of his sleep or through the occasional muscle spasm.  Definitely not something voluntarily done at me.  I told Dan that night I thought he smiled at me but wasn't sure.. we weren't going to get our hopes up.  Now he smiles all the time.  And it is the best thing.  I thought the fact that he was looking at me was fun.  My favorite is when he opens up his mouth really wide before he smiles.  I'm pretty sure he does that because I am always saying "hi!" and smiling at him with my mouth open really wide. However, smiling does have its downfalls.. like when I'm putting him down for a nap and he starts smiling and getting all excited.  I try to tell him this is not the time for smiles.. how am I supposed to walk away from him when he's smiling at me?! Maybe next month I will be able to but not now!

All right, enough with the smile talk.  Here's some other fun 2 month milestones:
  • He's holding his head up on his own!
  • His facial expressions keep getting better and better. 
  • Bath time still scares him every time. You would think he knew the routine by now since we do baths every day. But no. Every time he hits that water he gets the most terrified look on his face. It's hilarious.
  • Oh the car seat. How you hate the car seat. Even the other day you were forcefully trying to free yourself from the car seat. I am terrified to drive 6 hours to Ohio the end of the month.
  • The floor is your favorite spot. I'm wondering why I registered for the vibrating bouncy chair or swing; all we needed was a blanket and you are good to go.
  • I'm in the process of trying to force you to like a lovey (bun bun- I've already named it for you because of Ellie :) You're going to be best friends very soon.
  • You hate taking your vitamin D medicine. I cannot wait until we can introduce other foods.. the faces you make will be hilarious.
  • You actually laugh when I use the bulb syringe to clear your nose. Crazy kid.
  • You are finally starting to get over your gas issues (knocking on wood as we speak..)
  • And you are slowly expanding your sleep during the night.  A couple times you went down at 7:30 pm and woke up at 3:30 am! This was a VERY big deal.
  • You are SUPER curious. You can only be held upright so you can look around!
  • Your hair is slowly growing back... yay!
He brings so much joy to our lives and while we are incredibly grateful for things like smiles, sleep, and cuddling, above all we are SO thankful for our growing and healthy baby boy. 
 
James 1:17
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
 
Yes.. we are well aware that the 0 to 3 month onesie is skin tight on him. I can almost guarnatee you these will not fit in a month!












0 comments:

Post a Comment