7.17.2012

Updates from the weekend

We are trying to soak up every ounce of this HOT summer that we can!  Originally when I found out Baby C was due in May, I heard from almost everyone that May was a "great time" to have a baby because of the nice weather.  Obviously, I won't complain too much because I'm sure bundling up a baby and worrying about sickness in the winter is not fun, however this hasn't been the summer I envisioned with him.  We do go on the occasional walks (and now runs!), but I definitely try to do it early or later because when it reaches 80 degrees by 9am, it makes it difficult for me to take Jake out without him getting super sweaty.  Luckily I purchased a fan the other day and I hope it will help not only in the car, but also when we go outside :)

So, this weekend we spent lots of time outside, and I took some fun pictures to document :)

In his little all star outfit

So this wasn't from the weekend, but this is another shot of Jake hanging out with his lady friend Claire :)  Isn't it funny how they are basically in the same position?!

I love how there are such cute little guy outfits out there! My friend Steph got this for him :)

In all this hot weather, sometimes I just want to keep him in his diaper!  Plus, how can you not love those rolls?!

During our rainy Saturday I had a craving for cookies.. and I am probably averaging eating 5 per day. Thank goodnes nursing burns calories.

Jake excited for his first run with mom!

3 miles or bust.  It was rough but we survived. I'm telling everyone the heat and jogger stroller is what made it more difficult.. I can't possibly be that out of shape...

We hung out at Andy and Becca's house and they grilled for us on their new patio set! Nothing says summer like sangrias and cherries.

Becca hanging out with Jake :)

Rach and Claire! I love her adorale little girl outfits :)

Love him. And he loves how I always take pictures of him eating ha

So remember the outfit I posted earlier? Unfortunately this is the second and last time Jake will be wearing it.. he is growing up too fast :( I know he appreciated the fact that his tummy was hanging out all night.

With her two new bff's :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh and they look just SO happy to being used as a photo prop for my amusement ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha I didn't really look at their faces but they do look pretty hilarious. My camera was going to die so we didn't give them a chance to look cute :)

      Delete