7.09.2012

Reaching a new level of tiredness

Jake lied to us the first couple weeks.  He actually had us thinking that he was on some sort of a schedule by eating almost every three hours on the dot.  Any parent who is reading this is laughing that we actually believed we could have 2 week old on a schedule.  So, I feel like this past week has been a reality check of how life really is going to be with Jake.  Not that he won't ever be on a schedule, but I'm starting to learn that for the first month or two of an infant's life, I can't get down on myself if he's not eating at the "right" times or sleeping as long as I think he should sleep.  And who can blame him?  Am I hungry at 9am exactly every morning?  I'm not a robot.. and thankfully he isn't either :) I know, it's kind of sad that I'm learning this now, right?!

And recently our poor little guy has been struggling with what every parent dreads- gas.  It's awful because we have to watch as Jake, in pain, squirms around trying to get something out of his little body, and all I can do is try to do little bicycle kicks with his legs to help.  Thankfully he's not like this every day, however there have been a couple nights in the past few days where he has been up crying from it quite a bit.. and let's just say trying to function on 3 hours of broken sleep the next day is vvvveerry difficult.

Oh and another thing to note... try not to google every little thing your little baby does.  Typing in "my baby is cold and clammy" into google pops up lots of mom stories about SIDS... not what this new mom wants to read!

So the learning continues with our little bundle of joy.  However a couple things we have started to grasp are bottle feedings, how Jake likes to be held, cloth diapers (oh yes we have started! More on that later), and learning how to navigate Amazon mom.  Yes, some progress is being made over here- it may be little, but it's some :)

Helllo Monday!



Here are some of the other 1 Month pictures I took with my actual camera:






2 comments:

  1. Try gripe water..it is an all natural remedy for tummy problems/gas. Just when you think you have their schedule figured out they change on you!!! I love reading your blog by the way!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tip! We honestly will try anything- I have changed my diet for the past 5 days but that still hasn't helped. I'm so glad you read my blog! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete