1.19.2011

Encouragement

It's Sneak Preview week.  That means that work is crazy, which basically means life is crazy.  It consists of late nights, busy days, and basically ex communication from anyone other than my co workers.  Don't get me wrong- I love my co workers, but saying I'm exhausted by Friday is an understatement.  It's these kind of weeks where I struggle the most with selfishness: thinking only about myself and how much I have to get done, and sometimes God has to stop me straight in my tracks to get my attention.  Like this blog post.  My sweet friend, Melissa, has a brother battling cancer right now.  Not only is she an English major (can't you tell?!) but she is learning SO much through this trial.  This quote in particular is what really struck me:

 “Let me be scary graphic and honest with you for just a second. There is coming a day for you, because you live in America, it will be a hospital room, and it will be 3 in the morning, and your wife or your husband and your children will be at home asleep, and there will just be you. And your lungs will labor to breath. And in that moment a foundation built on money, a foundation built on church attendance, a foundation built on small group or a Sunday school class, a foundation build upon cognitive understanding of God will not be enough to bring you peace. In that hour it will only be the nearness of God that will be your good, and it is on its way for me...”
(The Thanksgiving of 2009 Chandler was diagnosed with a brain tumor)
 
I hope that stops you amidst your busy day as it did me and makes you think a little bit deeper about life and your purpose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment